ADIRONDACK ROOM (MEZZANINE & MENARD COLLECTIONS) POLICY & PROCEDURES
Adopted by the CFL Board of Trustees March 2000
The Canton Free Library’s Adirondack Room houses a small collection of local history documents, scrapbooks, and other invaluable materials. There is also a small genealogy collection. These materials are available for use in the library only to those patrons who agree, with a signature, to abide by the following regulations:
- Canton Free Library requires that you complete this form each time you visit the Adirondack Room.
- Canton Free Library reserves the right to request photo identification and your drivers license number prior to use of the room.
- Visitors may use only pencils and paper provided by the staff.
- Record on the sheet provided a list of the materials used during the session.
- All brief cases, book bags, shopping bags and other similar items must be left in the office for the duration of the researchers stay in the Adirondack Room.
- Bring any materials that you would like to photocopy to the staff person at the Circulation Desk, who will assist you with that copying.
- Anyone found removing materials, articles, photographs, pages, etc. from the collection will be charged with the theft of library materials.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the Adirondack Room. An adult must accompany children ages 12 to 17.
- Be sure to sign the guest book before you depart.